Father's Rights Law in Oklahoma

My primary goal is to provide you with competent and aggressive legal representation which seeks to protect your interest and assist you in advancing the best interest of your children.

If you have a case involving any of the following, I can help:

  • Divorce
  • Paternity Case
  • Child Support
  • Visitation
  • Child Custody
  • Post-Decree Modification
  • Contempt Citation
  • Guardianship
  • Emergency Order

It is important that you take the proper action in your case from the very beginning. You will have to live with for the rest of your life the decisions that you make now as you are confronted with a family law legal matter.

Because of various political organizations, their propaganda, and many prevailing outdated beliefs, fathers are portrayed as uncaring, unwilling, and incapable of caring for their children. This simply is not true.

From my experience, most fathers are hard working people who love their children and do everything possible to give their children all that they can. Unfortunately, sometimes fathers find themselves involved in a divorce, often not by choice,  that simply turns their entire life upside down and jeopardizes their existing relationship with their children. Many times, these fathers end up being victimized by outrageous amounts of child support and very limited visitation with their children.

After the Divorce or Paternity Order

If the divorce has already come and gone and you happen to now find yourself in the position of the non-custodial parent, there is still hope. You may have the right to appeal your case. 

With luck, you will be able to maintain a relationship with your "ex" that has the children's interest at heart. However, in many cases, this does not happen. You can find yourself in a very frustrating position where you feel like your children are slipping away from you and there is nothing you can do.  Well, there are things that you can do.

If you are the noncustodial parent, there are a few things that you should know:

You are entitled to all of your children's records.

Oklahoma law provides that unless specifically ordered otherwise by the court, you are entitled to the same access as the custodial parent to all records concerning the children including school, medical, etc.

You have an absolute right to all visitation ordered by the court.

You are entitled to the visitation ordered by the court and Oklahoma law provides a procedure to enforce these rights.  However, you must be proactive and fight for these rights.

If your visitation is less than that outlined in the standard visitation schedules, you should contact us to discuss the possibility of modifying your divorce decree to provide you with more visitation.

If you have been denied visitation, I suggest that you contact me immediately.  You have many rights, but it is up to you to exercise these rights. Your rights will not come looking for you; you must be proactive.

You are entitled to pay child support in accordance with the child support guidelines.

In many cases, the amount of child support is calculated with inaccurate information. This can lead the unsuspecting person to pay more child support than is necessary or required. In other cases, the child support is so high it just feels like you are paying too much when in fact you are paying the proper amount.   

Oklahoma law provides a procedure to modify child support. Oklahoma law also provides a procedure to request the income information of the other parent each year so that you can determine whether or not you are paying too much or receiving too little support. If you feel that you may be paying too much or not receiving enough child support, contact my office.

If you are in need of an experienced, Father's Rights attorney in the Oklahoma City, OK area, please contact the Rick J. Henthorn, PLLC law offices at (405)354-6800. You may also contact us via our online contact form.

Father's Rights Lawyer in Oklahoma
Rick J. Henthorn, PLLC
Attorney and Counselor at Law
P.O. Box 850559
Yukon, OK 73085
405-354-6800 (ofc)
405-265-3275 (fax)